Monday, December 18, 2006

What Actually Prompted Me To Blog

So last night, once again, I was ask what's up with my gray hair. Of course my darling niece (22) asked if it had something to do with Taylor Hicks. Yes I am a HUGE fan. My answer was NO not at all. A small lie. This man won a national competition with hair grayer than my father. So I began to think.

A little back ground. I have had a perfect Rouge (XMan) streak in my hair since 22/23. I have always colored it. I would say " No matter how old I get If I have the strength in my arm or the money my hair will never be gray". Well my thoughts on this have changed.

Why should I hide my hair. IT IS ONLY HAIR. I have plenty of it and a great cut, thank you Jeodale. I have accepted my hair after almost 17yrs. So why can't society?

Men are not pressured to encouraged to color their hair or their bald heads. And times it is even frowned on. But let a woman show her gray and she will have ppl offering to dye for her. PPl it is hair. That's it.

So as I approch the big 'Four Oh' I hav decided to let the gray in. Get used to it b/c it is here to stay!!!

2 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Wooooooo!! Welcome to the world of blogging.

And I agree - don't color your hair. Let it do it's natural thing.

BTW - you are now linked to my place.

SexyHandsLady said...

(((Trav))) I never execpted a responce. Totally cool to see you here. Thanks